Ever since I graduated on that rainy day in Moi University, Eldoret with a degree in Communications and Public Relations, little did I know that one call would end up changing my life and shaping my career path as I know it now.
If you had asked me what I wanted to do with my life back while still in fourth year in 2016, I could have told you that I wanted to major in events planning.
However an interview call that day when I was graduating put in the path of doing something much more than that, something that I have come to enjoy and have thrust fully into it. Digital Marketing!
I have been running one of the top most searched for job sites in Kenya and I must admit that I have finally found my calling.
I have learned a lot, have attended so many trainings on digital marketing and I can comfortably say that I have gained immense experience in this field.
I have written an article on how to leverage SEO and increase traffic to your website but what if you still can’t get a hang of what SEO is all about?
Does this mean that your website is doomed to fail? The answer to this question is no!
There are ways that you can actually increase traffic to your website especially if you are just starting out.
Before we begin, traffic to a website comes from several sources and is measured in terms of email, social, direct, organic, referral, paid and others.
You want to maximize on all these and while email remains the highest sources of traffic for most websites, you can’t afford to ignore the others.
One thing you must understand is that not all traffic is equal. Your goal is therefore to attract quality traffic through the quality of content you have.
How do you get your website to have thousands of visitors without actually doing SEO?

How To Increase Website Traffic Without SEO

1. Online Advertisements
Online ads if done well can end up generating thousands of clicks.
However, before you run an ad campaign you need to be in a position to actually turn that traffic into money.
With the right ad on social media or pay-per click on Google, you can reach the right people rather than just relying on people blindly coming across your website.
As I said you need to turn the traffic into a source of income. Chances are that you can’t afford to spend all your money running online ads without really getting something in return.
Giving people what they want will ensure that you gain the traffic you want to your website while still earning from it.
2. Guest blogging
I am sure that you have come across websites that invite other bloggers to contribute on their platforms.
This is a golden opportunity that you can use to generate a lot of traffic to your website without really figuring out SEO.
I for instance, I ensure that I share my short fiction stories with other similar websites and this has in the long run enabled me gain visitors to my blog.
3. Commenting on other websites
Don’t be a mean blogger who never appreciates other people’s work.
Blog commenting is a great way of gaining free traffic without paying for it or mastering SEO.
How do you use blog commenting to drive traffic to your site?
You need to first of all find websites that are related to your blog niche. Analyze the website, its authority as well as social media influence to determine if you can actually get traffic from them.
4. Social Media
Among the sources of traffic, social media plays a very significant role.
Leverage this power by sharing your content on your social media pages. You will be surprised how many people will click just from sharing.
Think about how many friends you have on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram followers, LinkedIn as well as other social media sites.
If you are looking to drive traffic to your website, start with what you already have.
5. Q & A Websites
How many times have you typed a question as simple as how to “Format my smart phone?” and the answer you are looking for appears on websites like Stack Exchange or Quora?
At one point in our lives we have all found ourselves using these Q & A websites even if we didn’t really understand their value.
These websites are very important for organic traffic. You can actually be found by visitors without having to go through all the hoops of SEO.
The first thing to do is approach these sites of course having in mind how you intend to maximize on your results. Explore each one of them, how they work, and the type of questions that you might actually benefit from and how to appeal to your target audience.
Start off by identifying the search phrases visitors use, topics and categories and how to find the best answer. As you will notice the newest questions on these sites end up attracting more attention and don’t have much competition.
While creating your profile, don’t forget to fill out the “Knows About” section to show readers that you are an expert in that field.
You don’t have to stress about mastering SEO in order to drive traffic to your website especially if you are just starting out.